Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 2: Wednesday June 4, 2008

Day 2: Wednesday June 4
Intermittent rain with warm temps at Ttown this morning suggested a tropical setting. Technical glitches and time constraints have prevented reliable online connections and timely updates to the blog. I’ll keep trying.

Got underway without incident, headed north for the New England Velodrome http://www.leadcycling.com/ in Londonderry, NH, which is in the southeast corner of the state. Over those 350 miles I headed into mountains and cooler weather with continued intermittent rain. Matt’s van runs good on the highway, even uphill.

Arrived at the drome well before the posted 4:30 opening for 6PM races but the place was empty. It’s raining a steady fine mist so everything’s wet but there are no puddles. I call Tony (Race Director) to confirm what I already knew: they had cancelled for the evening. I walked around a while and took pictures, then consoled my disappointment with steak and beer, then to the hotel, all nearby.

Total driving for the day: 350 miles

(images: NE Velodrome, Self Portrait at NE Velodrome)

No comments: